Ferroli DOMIcompact F24B - Both fuses blowing on PCB ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Recently purchased a flat and i know the boiler has not been used for months as the place was unoccupied.

It does power up for a few second then BOTH fuses blow on the PCB, the display shows '7' when the power is on.

Could this be something simple like a stuck CH pump (Grundfoss) or fan ??

The PCB is visually ok (no burn marks/tracking etc)

I also have access to another F24B which is in full working order in the flat above if i need to swap parts to fault find.

Bot were fitted at same time an in good condition, its just the non working has been laying dormant for months..

F1 and F2 quick blow fuses are blowing - 3.125a. In the pic below on top rhs of pcb.

Manual - http://smg.photobucket.com/user/romanski/library/?sort=3&mediafilter=images&page=1

Where can i start testing ? Uplug te pump ?? Remove the pump ??

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Unplug pump and fan and try again, then plug just one back in and see if it still trips. Looks like there's water marks on the pump?

Yes there's definate water marks on the pump and a very slight leak.

I'm almost certain it is seized, i did give it a 'tap' with a hammer but no joy.

If it is the pump as i suspect, how is it removed ??

Cheers

Undo the large screw in the middle of the pump, use a towel to catch any water and spin the pump using a small flat head screwdriver.

Sponsored Links
Turned out to be the fan, coil burnt out but it looks like this is from the crappy connections on the rhs (just out of pic), the type where you have to slide a retaining clip in to hold them in place, 3 out of 4 are leaking and have been for a while.

What can i use to reseal these along with new fiber washers ? A touch of Boss white ??

If you are on about a leak from the secondary heat exchanged to the right of the fan then you will need new O rings in my opinion. You can try and clean them up and grease with silicon grease but I wouldn't risk it for a couple of quid on a new O ring set!

Cheers Neil

I have a few O ring sets, surprised they would use rubber rings with heat.

The upstairs flat boiler has a very tiny leak in the same location.

Why the hell do they use such a poor connection on them.

:rolleyes:

I don't think I've seen one of these that hasn't got some sort of leak from somewhere in the boiler. You may need to order the O rings from merchant as they may be an odd size.

It seems to be a common fault after a bit of googling and the sets are available.

Glad to get a decent response on here.

UKplumbers response - ' get someone who knows what they are doing before you kill yourself' !!

:confused:

Does anyone have a part no. or know where i can find the part no. for the o rings, only one is leaking out of the 4.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back