Ferroli Falcon Boiler Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler fires up and gives hot water for a while then cycles hot and cold (the boiler fires up intermittently). The CH fires up the boiler but it switches on/off every 5 seconds or so. Does anyone know the cause and the solution?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a blocked plate heat exchanger!

Tony

Thanks! Is there an easy way to sort it? can it be flushed? Or is it a strip down?

Not too sure these have a plate HE. Thermistors are usually the cause of most faults especially if its affecting the CH too.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I did not notice the problem was on CH as well.

Most likely to be fan/venturi/APS problem which should be addressed by a competent CORGI. I think this is probably a fan with plastic bits which fall apart when you look at them.

Tony

change both heating and dhw sensors , also check size of restrictor ring above fan turn power off remove 2 screws holding fan and slide ut out then where fan has come out you need to remove outer ring held in by grub screw 'twist out' and ring will be in there should be50mm if not remove it [ignore this if flue is out of rear of boiler] also check for cracks on fan venturi ferroli also operate 190+vat total fix service call 08707282885 iknow because i work for them

change both heating and dhw sensors , also check size of restrictor ring above fan turn power off remove 2 screws holding fan and slide ut out then where fan has come out you need to remove outer ring held in by grub screw 'twist out' and ring will be in there should be50mm if not remove it [ignore this if flue is out of rear of boiler] also check for cracks on fan venturi ferroli also operate 190+vat total fix service call 08707282885 iknow because i work for them

Do you really think that you should be giving detailed instructions to someone who is certainly not CORGI registered and probably not gas competent? His wife could sue you and perhaps Glow-Worm as your employer as well if he kills himself as a result of your advice!

Tony

for your information glow worm have nothing to do with ferroli neither can i be sued get your facts right

Don't get your knickers in a twist over Tony, you have to get used to the terminology and inferences in his postings

Thanks for all the advice. I have changed the thermisters and it did not fix it. These have been changed a few years ago as well. The pressure switch was blocked with black sediment which i have cleaned out but again it did not fix it. BTW i am a mechanical design engineer who has worked for BAe and BNFL on their equipment and would not expect someone who was not able, to try working on nuclear stuff either (probably more dangerous than gas). However it is good to get a sense of what might be wrong so that when i get a plumber/gas fitter i might have an idea of the problems and possible cost. Or even if it is not worth bothering with and having a replacement boiler fitted. Cheers everyone who tries to help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back