Ferroli Falcon2/Modena water goes cold if heating is set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a problem with the water going in hot and cold cycles to the shower and taps, running for about 60 seconds then the flame cutting out and restarting again about 10 seconds later. This is a long enough break for the water to run briefly cold in the shower and at the taps. When the boiler runs it is quiet and the flames look very blue and clean.

Today I have realised that it only does this when the heating isn't programmed to be on or is running. All day today with no heating programmed in the timer the water is hot constantly for a long time and does not cut out at all. Long enough to run a full bath.

Mostly we have showers and baths in the evenings and then the heating is either on or programmed to be on even if its too warm to run.

Does the fact that this only happens if the heating is involved give any clues to the answer. I can only describe it in that it seems it is asking if it needs to switch to giving heat to the house...then realises and cuts back to give heat to the water. (if that makes sense)

I know about the thermistors and they have been changed about a year ago. It also has a water flow meter (might mean nothing) that I have read about that has never been changed.

Can anyone offer any suggestion.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back