Ferroli Hawk II - Intermittent hot water...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an old Ferroli Hawk 2 and sometimes the hot water will come on, sometimes not (central heating is fine).

I have been told to source the 2 Temperature sensors, the Flowmeter and the Cold water flow limiter (which is the part I'm having trouble with).
Can any of you help me decide if this is the part I need to order for my boiler?
The manual says this part should be number 801220.

Part 39: 386829 801220 1 x Cold water flow limiter.

I have found this part on the internet, it says it is for the Hawk 2 and it says it is for 11 Litres per minute.

But... I have also found part number 801250 listed for this boiler, however that one is for 7 Litres per minute and is a different number.
Also that one (801250) is white, which looks like the one that was pulled out and looked at, the other one (801220) is black and 3 times the price.

I have spoken to a friend and he says if my boiler is 24kW I need the 7 litre per minute restrictor and if it is 30kW I need 11 litre per minute restrictor.
I was told to look on the boiler, but there is so many numbers, do any of you know which number I need?
Is it the Input or Output? Is that how you measure a boilers kW?

The Technical Data:
Nominal Heat Input D.H.W. & C.H. (gross) 28.6 kW
Nominal Heat Input D.H.W. & C.H. (net) 25.8 kW

Nominal Heat Output D.H.W. & C.H. 23.3 kW

Grateful for any help!

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I've attached a couple of pictures in case it helps anyone.

I would attach the links to the parts I have found, but not sure I can link to suppliers/shops etc...

Just to recap, I'd like to know if anybody can tell me the correct part as I've seen both 801220 and 801250 listed for this boiler! Should I just 'bite the bullet' and order 801220?

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back