Ferroli Maxima 35C problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a Ferroli Maxima 35C that is about 18 months old. Recently the boiler has developed a fault. When a call is made for either heating or hot water the pilot ignition indicator on the LCD display doesn't illuminate and hot water and heating don't come on. If hot water is called for the hot water 'called for' indicator and hot water 'pump' indicators illuminate but the pilot light light ignition indicator does not.

The reset button no longer seems to work. To reset I have to power off and on again about 10 secs later but this does not fix the problem unless I leave it powered off for a few hours. Even then eventually everything stops working again.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Guy

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks 4 reply but are u sure that Ferroli come with a 2 year warranty? I just called Ferroli service and told them that it was 18 months old. i was informed it'd be £195+vat for a call out.

Im sure Ferroli have been on a 2 year warrenty for at least 3 years........its the only way they can sell the boilers as there isnt a right lot more going for them.

Sponsored Links
just looked at my post and it's buried. wow, didn't realise it at 1st but this this forum is absolutely hammered.

i'll give it one last try though ... anyone got any clue wot the problem could be that i describe in the 1st post?

cheers again.

I know its been a while since this was first posted, but I've had the same problem over the past couple of days with my maxima 35 C.

As I've been searching for advice on how to repair it without any luck, I thought I would share my experience, should anyone else have the same problems.

Managed to track the fault down to the flue temp sensor (item 191). If you are able to test the resistance of the sensor, then it should return 10K at 25 degrees. If not, its faulty. Its easy to change, and costs about £15.

Hope I've saved someone the £195 call out!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back