Ferroli Modena 102 - Electircal problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I'd better say in advance that I have very little technical knowledge of how this system works, but hopefully someone can shed some light on my problem.
I've had this boiler for a few years with no problems whatsoever, until now. Whilst it looks like the boiler is working fine, the electrical clock is not and is just flashing '0:00' over and over. I've played about with the settings on the clock but nothing is working, including the 'reset' button. I cannot change the display on the clock at all and none of the pre-programmed timer settings are working either. When I turn the boiler on I get hot water all the time but I cannot get the central heating to come on. I appears to me that the boiler is working fine when I open the hot taps so I can only guess it's an electrical issue but don't know how to rectify it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, its freezing in Scotland!!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you have moved the slider to the clock setup position and it does not respond to the plus/minus buttons (to setup) then you will need a new clock.

believe clocks for these are in the region of 40 pounds..did one on thursday.

just to get you going you can link the clock out......as all the clock is a time operated switch. If your not electrically competent disregard and order a new clock

Sponsored Links
just to get you going you can link the clock out......as all the clock is a time operated switch.

Terminals 1 and 2 are 230V so don't forget to turn the power off.

I think its 3 and 5 that the other two wires go to. Strip back about 12mm of casing from both ends of a short [say75mm] piece of wire. Remove spade 3 and 5 and push the wire through the hole in each lug and/or replace each spade so you have an electrical connection. A short piece of wire with 2 male spades will also suffice.

If you have any doubts after that then get a corgi in.
This link might be helpful

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back