Ferroli Modena 27c HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Ferroli Modena 27c HE

Just had one of these installed and the hot water wont heat up beyond 45c, even though we have set it to maximum of 55.

Fitter says its because our water pressure is too high and therefore the water passes through boiler too quickly to heat up, which I think has a ring of truth to it, but also sounds like *******s as our old boiler was fine at any water pressure.

When we turn on tap, water is absolutely scalding for 3 seconds or so, then drops to 30c before taking about 2-3 mins to heat up to 45c, and goes no further. I have played with the water pressure to no avail.

All we want is water hot enough for washing up when we turn on the tap...is that too much to ask for?

Any advice so I can mention it to fitter would be appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If you turn the taps off a bit to reduce flow does the water heat up better?

I am afraid you have chosen the wrong installer, what you are calling water pressure is the wrong term, what you are actually talking about is water flow rate, the pressure doesnt really mean anything to you it is the flow rate that is too high, the manufacturer is shocking in only specifying flow rates at 25 and 30 degree rises when in the real world you are looking at a 40 degree temp differential, you can either run your hot taps more slowly and the water will be hotter or get a decent engineer to set up your flow rate properly

You can set the flow rate to anything from 0 to say 13 litres per minute.

Are you saying that at 6 li/min it only gets to 45 C ?

Boilers are not allowed to give DHW over 55 C and many don't actually get so close to that due to their design.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies...perhaps he meant flow rate...

I do not know how to set up a flow rate as the manual is awful, and I don't know what it is set at now :(.

Water temp is not hotter if I run tap slower.

He is coming out tomorrow so I will ask him about flow rates. I trust this is a set up problem, no ta boiler one i.e. he boiler wont let water get above 45c

Cheers

I do not know how to set up a flow rate as the manual is awful, and I don't know what it is set at now :(.

Water temp is not hotter if I run tap slower.

Cheers

You set the flow rate according to how far you open the tap!

I don't expect the installer can do anything to increase the DHW flow temp but there might be a boiler setting.

You could ask the makers about this.

Be aware that this is considered as a pretty budget boiler model and not at all reliable and with no significant manufacturer's cover under the warranty. There are questions over the financial stability of Ferroli.

Tony

find yourself a container that you know the volume of, for easy sake say it holds 10 Litres then run the tap at full rate and time how long it takes to fill that container if it takes 1 min then your flow rate is 10L/min if it takes 30 seconds then it is 20L/min you get the idea, then slow your tap down till you have a flow rate of I would guess around the 10L/min and see what your temperature is then, unfortunately you have picked a very poor manufacturer for your new boiler and you should have spent more money and bought something worthwhile, but even the best of boilers still need commissioning properly

I am starting to regret the Ferroli , he recommended it!

Can I ask him to return it to his supplier and get a different one?

No it has been fitted if it was still in the box they probably would have taken it back but its not their fault that they supplied what was asked for, personnally and this is strictly my own opinion, I would never install another ferolli if i got it free and I would never trust an installer who recommended one, I have only ever installed one Ferolli as it was an insurance job and they insisted on a like for like replacement, they are absolute crap

They are a very cheap boiler costing perhaps just £550.

Only an installer short of work would want to fit one in my view.

His thinking is that YOU want a cheap job and by using a cheap boiler then he will get the work when others are quoting for Worcesters and Vaillants !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back