Ferroli Modena 80e boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Ferroli Modena boiler and wish to know what it's capacity is with regards to the number of rads it can take. I've had a look on the instructions- http://www.assuredheating.com/specs/Ferroli_Modena.80.pdf

.....and on page 5 it gives 2 figures for each for heating output and input- 23,8 and 9,7 then 25,8 and 11,5 respectively. I assume the commars are a decimal point....??

All I wish to know is the total Kw value of rads I can take off this boiler and I don't understand these figures. Thanks in advance to any replies!

Jon

Sponsored Links
23.8 Kw maximum output.

However, for that heat loading you will need an additional expansion vessel, the boiler incorporates a 5m pump so your pipe sizing must be be adequate. For that heat loading a combi would not normally be the ideal solution since it implies a 4/5 bed house. A heat only boiler and cylinder setup (with immersion backup) is more appropriate.

In practical terms: a total length of 12 metres 600 mm high double panel, double convector rads or over 30 metres of single panel rads. That is about 100ft if you don’t like metric. How you split the lengths is not important. Well, it is a bit. Bloody hard to find a 12 metre rad, not to mention lugging it up the stairs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back