Ferroli Modena 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ladies and gents
Can anyone give some sound advice on a boiler problem please
I have a Modena 80e thats been running fine until 8pm last night
I went to turn the heating up up and found no lights on the front of the boiler
I replaced the fuse as mentioned in the booklet but no joy.
The booklet mentions replacing the main board? :(

Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Might well be the main board, if it is then you're better off cutting your losses and getting a new boiler. The Modena 80E has different boards according to which version of the 80E you have, and some have two boards rather than one, but all of them are expensive. As they could have been taken out by another faulty component it'll potentially need some very skilled diagnostics (and a lot of time, and therefore money) to work out precisely what's gone wrong

Many thanks Muggles,as always my worst fears are confirmed.
I should of known it wasn,t going to be a quick or cheap fix
Once again many thanks

Worcester Junior 28i here i come :(

there will be an internal fuse somewhere on your boiler probably on the PCB itself so it would be worthwhile checking to see if that has blown but as muggles correctly advises if it has blown it most probably has done , to protect the PCB from another component, unfortunately your boiler is from a very poor manufacturer and spares are expensive,if you can afford it cutting your loses and getting something decent is a good choice, the Worcester you mention has excellent after sales service

Sponsored Links
Many thanks ianmcd
Muggles,purely just down to the good reputation they seem to have on the internet.
I have been looking at the Logic + boilers too
Every boiler seems to have good and bad don,t they.

Any recommendations muggles?

I'd use Intergas, or failing that Vaillant, but definitely Intergas as a preference, WB are OK but tend to be full of plastic bits, particularly the Juniors which are very much the 'cheap and cheerful' option in their range. Not a fan of the Logics, I've seen more broken ones than working ones

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back