Ferroli Optima 701 ignition problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler is refusing to start up. As soon as the electricity is turned on Relay 4 on the PCB begins buzzing like crazy. Is it a faulty relay or is there another underlying cause?

If it is simply the relay than can I repair or replace it or do I need a new PCB?

I assume it would be pretty straightforward replacing the PCB by unplugging and re-attaching the plugs (hopefully in the correct place!)

Advice would be much appreciated. Just discovered the site and quality of info is very impressive.

Sponsored Links
have you got any water leaks around inside the boiler??

This can cause buzzing relays if its gotten inside any switches etc, alternativly a PCB may be in order.

Delighted to get a reply in such a short time, thanks.

It's all opened up and there's no sign of water.

It's been noisy for a week or so now so I decided to open up and have a look. It now won't start at all! :oops:

Would you recommend a new PCB? Saw some reconditioned ones on Ebay for about £50 including postage.

Sponsored Links
I always use new PCB's, re-con ones I have had dont seem to be too clever and sometimes more hassle than the cost of a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back