Ferroli Optimax 25 LPG boiler - 84kbtu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ferroli Optimax 25s Boiler - 84kbtu

I have recently purchased a secondhand but new unused gas boiler and flue kit to get me out of trouble. It was in an old house and never used and when the house was purchased and knocked about it wasn't part of the owners plans. I have cleaned it up at work, checked it and bought an LPG gas jet for it. It was mainly builders dust that I had to clean out. Other than that it is in good nick.
At the moment I dont have any heating so when this boiler came along it was handy.
As I plan major works in my house, extensions, loft extension, I want to fix the boiler outside in the garage and run the lagged heating pipes in a duct underground into the the house. The gas boiler wont be part of my final plans so I dont want it in the house getting in the way.
The garage is about 6 mts from the house. I plan to sit the LPG bottles outside, on the opposite side of the garage. I have a collegue within the company I work who has his LPG ticket so I will do as much work as I can to save myself money and he will carry out the stuff that he has to do so that he can put a ticket on it. If it does go bang at some stage I want to know that I'm insured, so need that ticket. As the installation out there only has to last about 2 years max I dont want to throw money at it. However I am weary of LPG as opposed to mains gas (which we dont have). Would any body have any reasons from their experience not to install it in the garage but instead put it outside contained in some form of weatherproof, vented shelter (in accordance with all the required access distances for maintenance and heat contact). I am competant in most plumbing and heating jobs for myself. I am a fully qualified electricain and have a lot of heating system experience from when I had my own electrical contacting business. Its just LPG...dont like it much but Im desperate to get some heat in our house before our fingers and toes drop off. Plus its costing a fortune in electric with fan heaters and oil rads to try to keep the house from freezing up.
To the Moderator - This is not a crafty DIY GAS job so I would apprecaite it if you let this request thru, I am simply after an alternate opinion on siting a tempory boiler, thanks. :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back