Ferroli tempra 30 zero voltage switching ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have just installed a Ferolli Tempra 30 to a new Y plan fully pumped system and followed the wiring diagram to the letter only to find that the diagram I require is not available.

After 4 days in the airing cupboard I managed to contact Ferroli who informed me that the 240v switch live required to feed the boiler terminal 2 from number 2 ( linked from 10 ) in the wiring center, as quoted in my ferroli diagram is for a previous boiler model ie Tempra 30 version 2 I appear to have version 3.

I have now been informed that Version 3 should have 2 x zero volt switching wires feeding the boiler to terminal 1 + 2 (at boiler) to replace the manufacturers link wire. ie switch wires via a zero volt room stat.

My question is which terminals do I feed the boiler from in the wiring centre as i believe the output from the 3 port valve orange, grey and white wires are 240v when calling for heat ( or am I wrong )

My sytem is as follows

ferroli Tempra 30 system boiler
SALUS RT200 HEATING ELECTRONIC TYPE ROOM STAT
Danfoss FP975 programmer
Honeywell V4073 3 port valve
SALUS-HOT-WATER-CYLINDER-TANK-STAT-CT100

Below is a link showing the diagram I followed omitting the 230v switch live as it suggested.
(page 26)

http://www.ferroli.co.uk/product_documentation/Domestic/Tempra_30_Installation.pdf

Many thanks for anyones help

Cheers

Andie

PS. I have trawled the net for a diagram but to no avail

Sponsored Links
you are going to need a 230v single pole relay something like this is good for enclosures
connect the relay coil (A1 and A2) to the switched live and neutral and connect the contacts of the relay to the boiler volt free connections
you can mount the relay in an enclosure next to the wiring centre or you may find a suitible place inside or near the boiler

Matt

Many many thanks Matt,

Ever thought of getting a job at ferroli.

1 more question if I may, do wires from the electronic room stat go to 6 and 8 in the wiring centre and a permanent live to number 5 to alow the neon to work when calling for heat, the help line at Salus were just as helpful at 5 pm on friday.

Thanks again

Andie

1 more question if I may, do wires from the electronic room stat go to 6 and 8 in the wiring centre and a permanent live to number 5 to alow the neon to work when calling for heat, the help line at Salus were just as helpful at 5 pm on friday.

Thanks again

Andie

no not if you are following standard y-plan numbering
512px-Y-Plan-Wiring.gif

Neutral goes to wiring centre 2
live connects to wiring centre 4
S/L connects to wiring centre 5

Matt

Sponsored Links
ah right forget the above I've just had a look at your link
wiring it as per the ferrolli instructions then

neutral to 3 (you may need a neutral for the salus stat)
live to 6
S/L to 8

matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back