ferrolli opitma 1001

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello new to this forum, not really a plumber but am good with a electronics. i have a problem with my boiler (ferrolli optima 1001) had a plumber out and he was useless, so i took a look myself. now what happens is when i put the shower on it gets mad hot and then goes freezing cold. when looking at the boiler when it goes mad hot it is on high flame then the flame knocks off and this is when it goes freezing cold, then it will fire back up and do exactly the same unto the cows come home. when it knock off the faults lights show its a dhw sensor. so i swapped the dhws with chs by just swapping the wires over(to check it wasn't the main cpu board) the shower worked fine and the ch was broke. i swapped them back over and thought it was the sensor its self i ordered a new one and fitted it. it still done exactly the same thing after fitting, i then checked the low flame and high flame pressure. low flame was 3bars and high flame was 15bars. i think this is correct. my next thought is the main CPU board, but why would it work when swapping the wires overs? if anyone has any ideas it would be gratefull! would be willing to return the favour for any electrical or security work!

Sponsored Links
low flame was 3bars and high flame was 15bars. i think this is correct. my next thought is the main CPU board, but why would it work when swapping the wires overs? if anyone has any ideas it would be gratefull! would be willing to return the favour for any electrical or security work!

Hope you are an astronaught too if you have 3 Bar and 15 Bar burner pressure

I dont think you have a problem with the main PCB, swapping the connections over is not always a good idea , if one is knackered the PCB will sense this, I think you said that you had bought a replacement so try plugging this in just leave the plug in mid air on one connection at a time and if it starts to work then you have narrowed down which sensor is faulty

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back