Vokera 80SP Woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

I am having issues with my Vokera. I have had a Corgi plumber come out twice for this and he hasn't fixed the problem...

Essentially, The hot water flow on the device stopped working. The pressure differential switch was replaced and this worked for about 2-3 weeks. During this period of time, the amount of hot water decreased during that time and the cold water increased until eventually, only cold water flowed out.

The low flame mechanism doesn't work, but the temperature sensor and the flow pipe weren't looked at or replaced so when the temperature gets hot enough, the flame turns off - no low flame.

I thought of replacing the sensor and perhaps the flow pipe to fix the low flame which probably will help the problem, but wanted to get a second opinion before I attempt it...

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Before you you spend money on parts you need to have the maximum and minimum burner pressures checked or reset.

Dave I suspect the secondary HE is clogged on this one.

Hi Gents

Thanks for the responses. I hope that the HE isn't clogged, but it is possible. Anyway, I am getting quite fed up with the boiler at the moment, so a replacement would probably be in my best interests instead of spending money on this every few months....

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You only need one competent boiler engineer to repair it properly.

Apart from the need to replace diaphragms every two years they are very reliable boilers.

Tony

Can anyone recommend one in Brighton?

At the moment, the one that I have is relatively reliable up until the most recent problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back