Vokera Excell 80SP

D

Dick Puller

Any Corgi RGI's had this problem with this combi;
Hot water only, it will not modulate, only high flame or off!! I have changed the thermistor, as the resistance was well out, but still no joy.
The DC voltage at gas valve is OK for high flame & low flame and it does fire on low flame for C/Heating.

With only high flame or off on Hot water, it'll runs very hot or cold!!

Of course I can't get through on the Vokera Technical phone line :cry:

It's a 'cup of tea & a scone' job for an elderly lady I know, so I don't want to replace the PCB!!!

Sponsored Links
Easy just take 4 screws from front panel pull forward to let in air & try to see if it works. If so just clean fan heat ex & fan venturi

Thanks for your reply, but I don't think you understand correctly??!! It's not an ignition problem, the old dear does get C/heating & Hot water, however she's unable to maintain a constant stream of Hot water, due to the strange way the combi is currently operating.

Can I please request that only RGI's with an indepth knowledge of combination boilers reply? No DIY'ers, tyre kickers or CC/CCC's. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply, but I don't think you understand correctly??!! It's not an ignition problem, the old dear does get C/heating & Hot water, however she's unable to maintain a constant stream of Hot water, due to the strange way the combi is currently operating.

Can I please request that only RGI's with an indepth knowledge of combination boilers reply? No DIY'ers, tyre kickers or CC/CCC's. Thank you.

sorry dick. i dont think you understand correctly.

Dick puller, what makes you think weareleeds is a diyer?

It is you HW HE that is blocked/ partially blocked.

Hi Dick,

If you run the DHW at max flow rate then it will only heat at full flame.

If the flame goes off then that can only be as a result of a device turning the boiler off.

As Wareleeds, who is CORGI says, opening the front of the combustion chamber will keep it on and identify to you whats wrong.

Is it quiet for Christmas on the Screwfix forum?

Tony

Thanks chaps.

There's nothing wrong with the fan, APS, venturi, gas pressures or combustion, the boiler fires up fine & stays on. The DC voltage at the gas valve is also OK, the thermistor was shot & I replaced it. apparantly there's no 'pot' on the PCB to control the thermistor. When you run the Hot water in runs very hot-cold-very hot and the gas valve is either high flame or shut down, the boiler never overheats or shuts down on high limit.

I did talk to Vokera & they agreed with me that for a couple of quid, I should change the thermistor, before I returned - so I did.

Thanks DP, that's not something I have considered. I take it you mean a blockage on the 'primary' side of the SS HX. So that would limit the circulation through it??

I have got the MI's & the detail of the appliance on Hot water mode is very limited & the flow function details are also limited. So I value all your input.

Is it quiet for Christmas on the Screwfix forum?.............No, it's not quiet there. The problem is Water Systems is back!!......Only joking, he's a one ain't he??
Thanks Tony for your help.
I didn't know you frequented this forum??!! I now know where to come with my electronic whoes.

Thanks chaps.

apparantly there's no 'pot' on the PCB to control the thermistor. When you run the Hot water in runs very hot-cold-very hot and the gas valve is either high flame or shut down, the boiler never overheats or shuts down on high limit.

The Excell 80 has a DHW temperature control knob on the front panel which controls the modulation point in association with the sensor reading.

If its not doing so then the PCB would be faulty. I have never seen that on this model.

However, all the symptoms indicate a dirty fan impeller and venturi causing the APS to drop out.

Tony

However, all the symptoms indicate a dirty fan impeller and venturi causing the APS to drop out.

Thanks Tony, but as I say it's not an ignition problem.
The APS doesn't drop out.

What was it you said Dick, "Tony Agile, not a bad bloke bad for a CCC?"

Why don't you dispatch one of your many TS flunkys to fix it? ;)

Hope you sort the old girl out for xmas. :)

I'm not sure what you mean 'Razor'?? Are you trying to say I said something derogatory??!! I think you'll find that's untrue, have you been drinking??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back