Few Fencing Q's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Got some great tips from here in the past so hopefully you guys can help me out now.

I am attaching a 75mm post to my exterior house wall. I am planning to use 3 x anchor bolts but not to sure what length to get, is 100m enough say 40mm in the post and 60mm in the wall. The post will only be supporting a 60cm piece of featheredge fencing hence only using 75mm.

I am then putting another piece of small featheredge fencing in, 90cm. This will be on arris rails and on a slope of about 40 degrees. As the posts won't be morticed what is the best way of attaching the arris rails as the brackets will obviously not match up (or can you just bend the bracket to the angle) Hope that makes sense!

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Sponsored Links
Use a 100mm post with 100mm coach screws, you can counter bore 50mm into the post leaving 50mm into the brick work. You will need to buy large yellow ralw plugs that the screws can screw into. You can use a socket set to tighten up the bolts.

Yes you can 'adjust' the brackets, make sure you buy the brown brackets as they look better.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back