fiat punto 1.2 2004 misfiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am having a misfire problem causing the car to judder quite bad. it seems to be worse when hot and the engine is under strain.
i have replaced spark plugs, ht leads and coil packs.
and is getting worse

any ideas cheers

fiat
punto
1.2 active 8v

Sponsored Links
New plugs, leads and coils, so all the easy stuff ticked.

Think these little darlings are prone for head gasket problems? Did it get a heating? Is it hard on coolant?
If all appears ok, you could take the plugs back out, you may find a wet one? This is the cylinder you will have to investigate. You may well have a tight valve (exhaust or inlet) or one burned out/bad seal. Probably best to get a lend of a compression tester (pressure gauge) it will be down on pressure compared with the other 3 cylinders.

Is it burning oil? Is there mush pressure (puffing) when you take the oil filler cap off, while running?

New plugs, leads and coils, so all the easy stuff ticked.

Think these little darlings are prone for head gasket problems? Did it get a heating? Is it hard on coolant?
If all appears ok, you could take the plugs back out, you may find a wet one? This is the cylinder you will have to investigate. You may well have a tight valve (exhaust or inlet) or one burned out/bad seal. Probably best to get a lend of a compression tester (pressure gauge) it will be down on pressure compared with the other 3 cylinders.

Is it burning oil? Is there mush pressure (puffing) when you take the oil filler cap off, while running?

will try taking the plugs out tomorrow
its seems to be fine on coolant and its not burning oil.
somebody said it could be an ecu problem only if it were an ecu problem it would should up an engine management light!
cheers for the reply

Is it using excessive fuel? does it smell of petrol?
if so it could be the mass airflow sensor or air filter.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
I'd be inclined to check the electrical resistance across each fuel injector.....its around 16 oms I think.
Is the engine management lamp on?
John :)

Back