Fiberglass on a shower floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Great site..hope you can assist me.

Can I put fiberglass on the floor of my shower to act as some sort of waterproof barrier?

The reason is that I suspect that water is leaking from the floor tiles into my adjacent cupboard and causing damp. The floor of the shower has been broken up and replaced once before by a more qualified builder and he seemed to have done the necessarily waterproofing correctly (I guess not otherwise I would not have damp in my cupboard).

Anyway in an attempt to cut costs, I was wondering if I could place fiberglass over the existing shower floor. I do realise that the fiberglass will make the floor slippery so I suppose I could put mosaic tiles on top of the freshly laid fiberglass?

I have also bought an extractor fan for the bathroom, but I will ask questions around installation of that later.

I appreciate any assistance given.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back