choosing a shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm helping my mum swop her bath for a walk in shower. Choice of shower tray is baffling me. I have a size agreed, and fitter has recomended an acrylic tray (ACRYLIC CAPPED FIBERGLASS AND RESIN TRAY) (acrylic capped with a 20mm x 20mm x 1.2mm square tube to ensure rigidity for lifetime use). It's a Zamori.

What I can't get my head around is the pros/cons of

* acrylic
* stone resin
* fireclay
* steel

Looking at the one he's selected, the advantages all seem to revolve around weight, ease of handling and ease of fitting ie benefits for him, but not necessarily for mum!

Anyone know about shower trays?

Sponsored Links
Mira flight stone resin with upstands and riser kit. (upstands on the side which are up against the wall of the shower tray and chased in)

2 things you want - 1 as low a profile as poss. for you mum`s access 2 Classi seal strip behind the tiles onto the shower tray ( google it ;) ) it`s brilliant . hope this helps . I thought Zamori was a town in S. Africa :confused:

2 things you want - 1 as low a profile as poss. for you mum`s access 2 Classi seal strip behind the tiles onto the shower tray ( google it ;) ) it`s brilliant . hope this helps . I thought Zamori was a town in S. Africa :confused:

http://www.zamori.co.uk/

Zamori are certainly low profile - 35mm. They seem to come with seal strip.

But not stone resin and I don't know how much of a negative that is.

Mira in contrast seem to be 40mm, and are "The lighter, tougher, lower shower tray. Made from durable acrylic resin stone, Mira Flight Low isn't just incredibly tough and unbelievably light, it's also one of the lowest trays on the market."

More confused than ever...

Sponsored Links

Will be fitting my shower and tray soon and just looked at that classi seal strip, my tray is a low profile one and looks like the classi strip will cover almost all the rear of the tray, so would the sealant then stick firmly to the classi seal and onto wall to make the tray secure?
Just me thinking sealant wont be quite as secure as direct to tray itself, then again maybe it will be fine.

Will be fitting my shower and tray soon and just looked at that classi seal strip, my tray is a low profile one and looks like the classi strip will cover almost all the rear of the tray, so would the sealant then stick firmly to the classi seal and onto wall to make the tray secure?
Just me thinking sealant wont be quite as secure as direct to tray itself, then again maybe it will be fine.

which helps me with my query.... how?

which helps me with my query.... how?

I don't suppose it does really, but you've got a pro in, he's recommended a tray and going to fit it, and you're querying that, so why not query the fitting of the classi seal strip too like I have ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back