Shower trays

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm needing to buy a shower tray soon, but not too sure what is recommended to buy, have read not to buy acrylic, and heard resin stone is s good bet.

I was looking at Wickes as I can pick one up locally, but didn't know if this one for example is days "cast stone" is resin stone or different material completely?

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Quadrant-Cast-Stone-Shower-Tray---800-x-45mm/p/161497

Does that look any good to someone that knows about shower trays

Thanks all!

Sponsored Links
The reviews are complaining about the non standard waste size. The good thing about standard waste holes is you can put a decent trap that's cleanable from above. Cast stone will be resin based, as there's no way to cast stone without some kind of filler. This is similar to engineered quartz worktops. I'm not an expert though.
Personally I'd recommend the Mira flight trays, bomb proof and available in many sizes. Screwfix sell them but unfortunately not for pic up.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all, bought the Mira flight in the end, weighs more than I thought!

Thanks for the recommendation

Sorry guys. Can i jump in on this thread rather than starting another.

I am also looking at enclosure/trays and i am a little undecided.

I am looking at the coram optima 900x900 with a coram easyplumb base. I believe it to be the coratech range. These have "upstands" to help stop water leaks.

Im looking for the slim yet "functional" tray that has a riser legs. I cant get the waste under the floor. I dont really want one of these really deep trays that ends up like 300mm with a riser.

At the moment i am leaning towards a coram optima with a coratech easyplumb base.

After a bit of dighing theres the mira leap enclosure that looks to be the same as a coram. Also they do trays that are "slim" profile and you can buy an adhesive upstand kit to help with leaks. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
There's no charge for starting a new thread yourself!

Also you needn't use the riser kit if it's not suitable for you, just screw some timbers down and water resistant flooring ply on top and make whatever height you need.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back