Fibre Cement - Over Roof ? or Other Ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , I have a precast garage with a fibre cement roof, which suffers from the usual condensation issues. I have been working this year on sealing , insulating and boarding the walls, but now need to look at the roof.

Height it restricted so do not want to do what i have done with another garage and that is to create a ceiling, with insualtion and an air gap before the fibre cement.

Cheap & Easy option , is to cover the inside with the foil bubble wrap insulation. in the hope that this would help deflect heat and stop the condensation. i had considered polystyrene before but believe that the condensation would still sit in the gaps between the ridges.

More expensive option , is over roofing as per these videos i have recently seen. Looks just the ticket, but no idea if there are any local contractors or what the prices would be. Roof is approx 30sqm . Could do it myself but would like it done in one go rather than one of my protracted diy projects ! .. Whats the view of this type of system ? any problems ?

Alternatively has anyone any other ideas ? I am trying to get a roofer that i know to have a look and make some suggestions, but he is a bit elusive at the moment.

Roof (2x).jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back