Fibreglass roof problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone.
I recently had a garage roofer install a fiberglass roof.
He boarded over the old boards and felt.
Since then there has been severe pooling at the back of the garage which has never happened before.
He told me it because felt absorbs water and fiberglass doesn't.
I asked for a receipt which is a bit of scrap paper with no business details as he doesn't want it to go through the books.
I cant afford to have roof re-done.
Please can anyone help with some advice?
Thank you

Attachments

• roof.jpg
    roof.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 185
  • roof2.jpg
    roof2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 180
  • roof3.jpg
    roof3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 164
  • roof4.jpg
    roof4.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 171
Sponsored Links
The first photo gives the game away, the GRP and the surface is all over the place.roof2 seems to be showing two roofs, or is that the gutter below the high roof?can you show a pic of that drip edge?
Just me but I would strip the main roof down to bare joists, and work back up to the OSB, setting the boards to correct falls.

It's a rubbish looking job, good odds the extra weight of the additional boards and matey working on the roof have caused the joists to sag which is where your ponding is coming from.
He's talking carp about felt absorbing water- it doesn't until it springs a leak.
IF he's done a decent job on the laminate and topcoat (very big if, surface looks very rough in those pics) then ponding is a nuisance rather than a disaster.
Only real solution is rip it off and start again (and make sure the joists are adequate for the span)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back