Fiesta Imobilization Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, can any one please help me with my problem ? the imobilization system has packed up on my diesel fiesta van and I can not get it to start

Sponsored Links
Hi Jonny
thanks for your reply, its a 2000 1.8 DI diesel I have spoke to friends and they seem to think its the imobilser? can it be wired out? will only turn over with a direct feed from the battery to the soleniod but will not start!!

thanks Chris

Hi Chris

Does the LED on the clock illuminate for about 1 minute then flash at irregular intervals? This indicates a fault on the alarm system or the system not recognizing the key.The key can be reprogrammed using your car.if you need the sequence let me know.

;)

Sponsored Links
Hi Jonny

Light just keeps flashing all the time.

what happened is the vehicle was doing about 50 mph
and it suddenly cut out and would not start again, which
makes me think its something to do with the imobiliser

hope this makes it a bit clearer for you
I am totaly lost with this one, i've checked for broken wires etc

cheers

Chris

Chris

I agree, I think the problem is the alarm.There should be a "self test"
facility on the car.Haynes manual will explain how to use it.according to the info I have from autodata,there should also be an immobilizer control module fitted (I think it's in the o/s/f footwell side panel).If all else fails,you will need a diagnostic hook up to find your problem.Let us know the results and if you need any more info just ask and I will try and find it for you.
good luck ;)

Hi Jonny

thanks for your help, I think its one for an auto electrician, just so many little wires and they work on pulses rather than voltage so getting a readings a nightmare without the proper diagnostic equipment.

I will have a look for that module you mentioned in the morning but would still like to be able to bypass it if possible

thanks again

Chris

Back