Fiesta Heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Fiesta is actually Ford Courier van 1800 diesel tddi,ive not owned it long but have noticed the heater temperature dosnt change whatever position the heat control is set to,it blows cool all the time,the bower motor does work.
Any help with this problem would be appreciated
cheers tomi14robie :confused:

Sponsored Links
The valve that controls the water flow through the heater actually works electrically, and is notorious for failing.
Its on the rear bulkhead, with 4 pipes going to it.
John :)

Thanks for rapid reply,i was aware the valve was electrically operated but wasnt sure if it was the valve at fault or the control switch,is there any way of knowing ?
Many thanks
tom

Only by substitution or test equipment, I'm afraid Tom......but the valves fail much more frequently than the switch!
I've done 20 or so valves, and two switches.....
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Burnerman,i will obtain a valve and give it a go,it does appear by reading other posts that it is usually the valve that fails,i will obtain one and give it a go,it doesnt matter a great deal at the moment but i wouldnt like to face another winter with no heater :cry:
Tom

Hi,
thanks to information from Bunerman my heater is now up and running,he was right it was the heater control valve at fault (cost£25)thanks very much.
The job was quite simple other than the sping clips for the water pipes,i have mislayed my favourite pliers but after doing the job they turned up,ha ha.
Whilst working on the heater although the blower was fully operational not much was coming out of the vents,i wasnt sure what to do until i discovered the pollen filter,it was absolutely filthy,i took it out altogether and hey presto all vents working great,i will get a new filter in the next few days.
This is a great site for DIY,s,thanks
tomi14robie

Back