File format extension for Bootable image

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to create a bootable image of WinXP from a CD in order to run it on a Netbook that has a corrupt Win32 shell file.
I'm using PowerISO to create the files but what do I need to convert to to make the file readable as a boot image for the netbook via USB data stick?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You could take out the hdd and put it in a pc/caddy and use that to run the disk or borrow an external disk drive.

Sponsored Links
I need to create a bootable image of WinXP from a CD in order to run it on a Netbook that has a corrupt Win32 shell file.
I'm using PowerISO to create the files but what do I need to convert to to make the file readable as a boot image for the netbook via USB data stick?

Cheers

If the CD you are trying to copy is already bootable then use an app called imgburn (the best on the market imo) to create an exact image of the CD and then burn that image to a new CD. It will create a like-for-like copy of the CD and it will remain bootable once burned.

Another alternative is to use a USB CD-ROM drive, either one of the thin usb-powered ones, or a standard CD/DVD drive in a 5 1/4 inch IDE to USB enclosure. I have used both on CD-less machines to reinstall the OS

Back