Filler you can paint the same day

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've filled some holes with Easifill 60 and looked to see how soon I could paint it and it says 24-hours.

Had a google for a filler than can be painted the same day (for the next time) and apparently Toupret Quick Dry Filler is ready to paint in 3-hours.

Any one used it? Any good? Thinking of getting a bag in for next time I find myself in this situation.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Toupret Tx110 is "rapid setting". If you are only filling a couple of mm you can paint it the same day.

Easifill 60 can be painted the same day, but it is not cement based and deep holes will take ages to cure.

If I have to fill a deep hole and sand/paint it minutes later, I use 2 pack filler.

In the past I have filled redundant electrical back boxes, left the filler slightly below the surface, waited 10 minutes for it to harden, topped it up, sanded it back and was applying the first coat of emulsion 30 minutes later. 2 pack filler uses a catalyst to generate heat to cure the filler. The deeper the fill, the more heat and the faster it cures.

You need a decent sander though.

Last edited:
If it is DIY, why do you need it same day? DIY has the advantage of unlimited time available and good things come to those who wait. Fast solutions generally don't work too well. 2 pack filler is carp when it comes to paint adhesion. Although, this doesn't matter for surfaces that are not subject to contact.

2 pack filler is carp when it comes to paint adhesion. Although, this doesn't matter for surfaces that are not subject to contact.

I have never had any problems with the paint adhering, and I dare say that the millions of car body shop employees don't have any problems either.

Sponsored Links
I have never had any problems with the paint adhering, and I dare say that the millions of car body shop employees don't have any problems either.
How was I to know you were using car paints on people's houses? I am willing to bet your paint job on the 2 parts won't pass my finger nail test.

How was I to know you were using car paints on people's houses? I am willing to bet your paint job on the 2 parts won't pass my finger nail test.

Waterbased paints DO pass the fingernail test when used over two pack.

Easifil, however, being so soft would not pass the fingernail test. Not because of poor adhesion, but because the filler is so soft.

I probably use about 14L of two pack each year. It really is a great product that feathers out beautifully. It is less flexible than epoxy resin filler but significantly cheaper (and easier to mix).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back