Filling a gap of an internal wall with foam spray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was thinking of filling a gap in the internal brick partition wall of the downstairs toilet with gun grade pu foam (Thermofoam perhaps). The gap is at floor level and allows a lot of cold draught to get in from the sub-floor and is hard to access as it is behind the discharge pipe of the bloomin toilet; I won't be able to fill the gap with bricks.

As far as I'm aware, Thermofoam has a very fine open cell structure. As I'll be applying it in a cold spot area does that mean it may be susceptible to condensation? I want to avoid this as the downstairs toilet room was treated for dry rot and would like to avoid any possible recurrence.

I'm also open to other suggestions.

Thanks guys for your help.

Sponsored Links
Condensation appears on cold surfaces when the air is moist.
The surface of an insulation material will not be cold.

But reducing the ventillation by eliminating this draught may mean the air is damper, possibly resulting in more condensation elsewhere in the room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back