Filling around pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have 2 heating pipes that go from my rad into the wall. I want to fill and make neat the whole around it but I dont know what I should use?

With the pipes getting hot and cold, what can I use that wont crack or come away? or are there even any kind of covers you can buy?

Heres a pic of what I mean
pipes.jpg

I am having skirting right up to the pipes and trying to sand down and fill the wall so ignore the poor finish (previous owner seems to be a complete cowboy)

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
if your running skirting right up to your pipes which are at floor level then simply fill the hole with a little expandable foam and you will have to box your skirting around your pipes anyway. This should conceal the hole depending on your skirting board height..... hope this helps mate.

The thing is I don't really want to box the pipes in as pipes don't bother me that much. All I want to do is just cover that hole where the pipes enter the wall.

Is expanding foam resistant to the hot and cold temperatures? My original plan was to use the foam to fill the gap and then skim plaster over the top to finish it off (I though it may get fiddly)

Sponsored Links
Plug up the hole / pipe with paper
Mix polyfiller with sawdust before adding water.
Damp down hole
Fill and leave to set
Refill with just polyfiller

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back