Filling chips in rendering before painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

We've looking at repainting the rendering on our cottage as it hasn't been done in a while, but am unsure of what to use to fill and chips or holes in it. I'm not really sure of what the rendering is - it's a brick cottage, with a render on the bottom half of the house, which has been painted.

I know it's fairly old - at least 25 years old - and so has a few wear and tear chips and dips in it. Plus a couple of large holes (for example, someone obviously drilled a cable through the wall at some point, then removed it, and never bothered to fill the outside.

So my question is, what should I use to fill these gaps/holes? I tried a general exterior filler a few months ago on a couple of them, but it hasn't weathered very well, and has started to shrink/crack.

Is there a better product to use for this sort of thing?

Sponsored Links
The same kind of render that is on currently; take a picture of a non painted section or pull a loose bit off

Post up the pic and maybe someone can tell you if its lime, cement etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back