filling combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone enlighten me ,our worchester greenstar 42cdi combi boiler lost some water preassure due to radiator leak. I turned the filling key to the lock position on the inlet valve before filling from the DHW inlet knob, however no water can be heard coming in allthough all isolating valves on both the DHW inlet and CH return connections are open. The boiler needs just little more preassure and heating works fine as well as water.
I have done this previously and do not know what the problem is ,could it be airlock?

Sponsored Links
With the filling key fully home and locked, you are turning the white sqare inlet valve are you.

Yes the white key is fully in the locked position and key still in ,and no water going in when i turn the white knob ,usually you can hear the water going in and also see the pressure rising .I turned the key to unlock positon afterwards and now cannot get the key out ! we also have Magnaclean fitted ,could it have something to do with it?

nalle59";p="1061909 said:
Can someone enlighten me ,our worchester greenstar 42cdi combi boiler lost some water preassure due to radiator leak. I turned the filling key to the lock position on the inlet valve before filling from the white DHW inlet knob, however no water can be heard coming in allthough all isolating valves on both the DHW inlet and CH return connections are open. The boiler needs just little more preassure and heating works fine as well as water.
I have done this previously and do not know what the problem is ,could it be airlock? The white key which you turn to lock position when filling is stuck and does not come out when turned to unlocked position! Help.

Sponsored Links
cant see what your doing wrong...

put the key in...turn to lock..open square bit on the left of key.

do you have hot water? (cos its fed from the same cold your trying to use for the central heating top up)

Yes the white key is fully in the locked position and key still in ,and no water going in when i turn the white knob ,usually you can hear the water going in and also see the pressure rising .I turned the key to unlock positon afterwards and now cannot get the key out ! we also have Magnaclean fitted ,could it have something to do with it?

Have now filled it to one bar ,did not turn the white screw far enough but now can't get the key out seems to be jammed in, I quess have to leave it in till boiler service next year ,won't do any harm I suppose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back