Filling Gap Around Shower Tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Well, I've been lurking around here for ages, but this is the first time I've ever asked a question.

I'm about to completely re-fit a shower cubicle. However, it is a non standard size and I am unable to get a shower tray the same width as the cubicle. So, I want to construct some kind of platform to fill the gap on each side (approx 100mm wide) which I can tile on top of.

I was thinking of using exterior grade ply. Would this be acceptable so long as it was constructed strong enough so that it doesn't flex if someone stands on it? What thickness would you suggest?

Anyone got any better suggestions?

Also, I may have to construct a "mini" stud wall to reduce the width of the opening to take a smaller door, would the same material be acceptable for this before tiling? I'm sure this is fine having read previous posts on this subject.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
sounds fine dont forget to slope the ledge slightly so the water doesn't collect on the tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back