Filling gap under the skirting boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,can anyone suggest the best way to fill gaps from which draft/dust enters the room - the gap in question are between the bottom of the skirting board and the top of the floor.

one way could be to fix wood beadings all along the floor but that could time consuming.

the reason for the gaps is that we have a very old house and its just how they've been built !

thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi you could take the skirtings off and move them down :eek: you could take up the floor and move it up :eek: the easiest and less time consuming way would be your idea of putting in some beading. It would take no longer than an hour in an average sized room and is by far the most easiest option available to you:cool: trust me:cool: ;)

Dont trust me, im a dodgy cockney :cool: ...but I agree anyway.

Sponsored Links
If the skirting is painted and not stained you could fill the gaps with decorators chaulk, just use a mastic gun squirt it in and smooth it off with a damp sponge, then paint over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back