filling in a hole in wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just had a new boiler fitted in my kitched and we now have a hole in the surrounding a pipe that was fitted. It is about 2/3 inches wide with the pipe in the centre so about an inch around the pipe. The wall is plaster board so the is a space between the walls.

What is the best way of filling this hole and should i use anything special as it will be surrounding the pipe from the boiler?

Sponsored Links
Hi

I have just had a new boiler fitted in my kitched and we now have a hole in the surrounding a pipe that was fitted. It is about 2/3 inches wide with the pipe in the centre so about an inch around the pipe. The wall is plaster board so the is a space between the walls.

What is the best way of filling this hole and should i use anything special as it will be surrounding the pipe from the boiler?
Try a bit of decorators chalk around it and smooth off with a wet filling knife or scraper!
You may have to fill the hole a couple of times to get it the way you want it!
Some people would stuff news paper around it and fill with pollyfilla but thats assuming the pipe won't get to hot :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back