Filling loop for Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Vaillant Ecotec Plus boiler is displaying an F22 error code. Having read the manual and done some research online, it seems that I need to refill the boiler with water.

However, I appear to have a connecting valve missing as I cannot insert the double check valve of the filling pipe at the cold water shutoff valve. The two pipes do not fit into each other and water sprays everywhere if I turn the valves on.

I've phoned the boiler company but no-one can come out until Monday. Does anyone know where I can get a suitable connecting valve as I don't fancy having no heating or hot water over the weekend?

Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
This boiler has a built in filling loop and should not have had an external one fitted :confused:

Open both grey knobs under the boiler until the pressure reads around 1.2 Bar, then turn them both off.

Opening both grey knobs just causes water to spray eveywhere and the pressure to drop from 0.4 bar to 0.0 bar.
There is a piece of pipe/hose which is connected to one of the two but not the other which I presume is the filling loop. I can't attach it to the second valve as there seems to be some connecting part missing... :(

The right hand valve has the filling loop connected as a push fit, held in place by a metal clip. This seals using 1 'o' ring.

The other end is a screw on connection that is part of the filling loop so should not be able to go missing :confused:

Sponsored Links
The screw-on connection is there but there is nothing for it to screw onto. There's certainly no metal clip holding any connecting part on the right hand valve so I guess this must be what I'm missing...

If you look on P31, diagram 5.2, of the MI's, you will see the components and how they should connect.

Yep, I've read the manual and looked at the diagrams a dozen times - the two pipes just don't connect in any way. The two just don't fit into one another, so I've got to be missing something...

can you do us a photo of the bits you're on about so we've got some sort of target to aim for..?

The connections for each end of the filling loop are built into the ch flow isloating valve and the cold water inlet valve.

Registered just to thank you guys for the post, gas4you, i now have a working boiler.. guess it is a bit risky for a manufacturer to put "just turn the two grey knobs" in their manual.
Spent ages reading the manual and trying to make sense of it all,.
Thank you again.

HI Im sure you now know that the filling loop is supposed to removed after filling and sounds likes it was and some bits lost maybe? Anyway I was just wondered why that is, surely if the valves are off then it shouldn't be taking in water anyway?.

My reason for asking is that the pressure in our system is slowly going up( ecotec plus 831 combi), and wonder if it due to the fact that these were left still connected despite what it says in the instructions or if the stop valve is defective and letting in a small amount of water?

Saying that vaillent came round to check the installation and didn't notice or say anthing about these being left still connect by the engineer who fitted it?

Better with a new thread, this one is over 2 years since last post

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back