Vaillant Ecotec Pro 831 Hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could any of the Vaillant experts help with this problem please.

Ecotec 831

Hot water change over valve replaced ( previous one leaking from spindle), also replaced the plug in water sensor.

The new valve doesn't operate, the actuator shaft doesn't appear to move whether demand is for hot water or heating.

When I go into the fault memory I find the following faults listed: F22 F73 & F75

Sponsored Links
ok so does the boiler recognise the hot water demand?
is the valve motor properly connected to the spindle? (it hooks on)
when you turn the power on to the boiler the valve motor will do a test sequence on the valve, it will move into each position before rest. does this happen?
you should post in the CC

Sponsored Links
Whilst there is nothing gas related in the answers to those questions, we can give more full advice if you post in the combustion chamber part of this site.

Send your registration details to [email protected] and he will arrange for you to be granted access.

It can take a few days to get set up.

Tony

Mickyg & Agile,

Thanks for advice, I am in the process of registering on CC, I will repost in CC when my CORGI has been confirmed.

Gastite.

What S codes are showing when it is supposed to be working but isn't?

The boiler will tell you nearly everything that it thinks it is doing.

CC is good, but there is too much BS about how good it is in there :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back