Ecotec pro 831 - NO HEATING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ecotec pro 831 with no heating. The hot water is ok but can't get the heating to work. There are no fault codes and the status code is S.30 (No heating demand from external controls)

The thermostat is clicking on when it should but the bolier doesn't respond.

My feeling is that the wiring between the thermostat and boiler has come loose????

Could there be any other issues I am not thinking of??

Sponsored Links
Check the display changes when you turn the control knob, if not this is broken in the off position. If the newer version with no knob, is there an umbrella on the screen? If so the temperature is turned all the way down.

Assuming it's the original version open the control box and check the connection to the pin 4. You can link 3 & 4 to disable external controls if an external time click is used. If there is still no heating pry off the internal time clock.

ALL THE ABOVE MUST BE WITH THE POWER ISOLATED. except the control knob bit obviously. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back