Filling plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have taken the wall lights down and have chased the existing leads into the wall. This leaves me with 4 rectangle holes.

I have filled them with polyfiller and rubbed them down but not too happy with the finish.

I have seen that polycell do a plaster repair and a plaster skim product. First question has anyone used this and the next will the polycell skim work on the polyfiller which I have already used.

I am getting a plasterer in next month so should I just wait for him?

many thanks,

Dan

Sponsored Links
Forget the DIY crap filler products, you may even make matters worse if it's a deep repair; wait for you plasterer, he will sort it as a part of the job ;)

Forget the DIY crap filler products, you may even make matters worse if it's a deep repair; wait for you plasterer, he will sort it as a part of the job ;)

Absolutely,, these products look great on the telly, and the people using them in the adverts know exactly what they're doing. They're aimed at the DIY market as Richard said, and on TV, it looks so easy to do, but when people get the stuff home and use it,, oh dear! they soon find out they've bitten off more than they can chew. Leave it to the plasterer, the wall prep is part of his job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back