filling vented central heating after draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey I have drained my vented central heating system to replace some rad valves for trvs. I want to know when I refill the system when do I turn the pump on which is on the flow pipe as it leaves the boiler. Do I do this after I have filled all the radiators or as soon as I let water back in to the header tank?

Sponsored Links
switch nothing on yet

open feed and exp tank

lock open motorised valves, fill and vent rads,fill and vent pump, fill and vent cylinder coil, unlock motorised valves

turn on heating and hot water and give everything another vent

;)

Thanks there are no motorised valves the system just does one C/H system. The hot water is heated by a separt instantanous gas water heater. So do I fill the header tank first, then bleed the radiators ( downstairs first). After that do I start the boiler or the pump next the pump has a separtet switch.

Sponsored Links
You just turn the water back on at the header tank and fill the rads from the bottom up. Turn on the pump then boiler and recheck for air.
I think you should spend a bit time or money and hook the pump electrics up to the boiler :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back