Finding first floor joists

Last question on this I promise - my blockwork is set to end up about 50mm lower than the underside of the joists - the BCO says the joist should land on the block not a mortar bed - worth getting some coursing blocks to allow the joists to sit on a decent sized block, or just cut thin slivers of block and get them bedded at the right height? I guess I can't just use a tiny bit of cut block (eg. 50mm x 50mm) under each joist as that would be too flimsy, so should run a straight course all the way along level with the undersides of the joists? (I'm using those long celcons) anyway any tips on the better way to do this much appreciated

What did you end up doing with the 50mm gap?

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• IMG_20170530_160951228.jpg
    IMG_20170530_160951228.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 130
Looks good, are they cuts of the same block you built with? Which density are they?

I need to build a bedroom ceiling/loft floor up by 78cm.

Sponsored Links
They're celcon turbo blocks same as the rest of the wall. 3.6n just cut with a saw. I guess dense concrete are better but I'm doing this on my Todd so anything to save my back and speed me up :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back