Finding someone to re-do bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know any decent tradesman who could re-do our bathroom for us. We will be ordering everything ourselves and need it all to be fitted, so there will be taking out all existing furniture and tiles, then basically installing all new furniture and sanitary ware. re-tiling, a small amount of skimming and painting and also re-doing the dropped ceiling.

Bathroom is about 2.3m X 2.3m.

Looking to get the work done end of October. If anyone has any good guys they have used in the past, would be appreciated. have tried myhammer and other sites for other jobs but not been to impressed.

Oh we are based in SW London.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Can you be more specific and let us know how many items you need fitting, including all smaller fittings like shelves, cabinets, towel holders etc?

For the london area, for all that work, your looking at labour charge of about £2000.

Thanks for your response.

-There will be a sink, toilet and bath shower (all staying in the same place as now), with new taps, showerhead for all.
-Tiling half of the walls, painting the other half.
-New tiles on the floor.
-Fitted furniture for the toilet and sink and then some tall laundry units to be fitted.
-New towel radiator, pipework is already there.
-Dropped ceiling to be extended or re-built from scratch(previously was 2 separate rooms so dropped ceiling only covers half)
- Loo roll holder i guess...

Easiest would be to get someone out to quote, so was more looking for a recommendation I guess

you could call in your local plumbers merchants and ask for a recommendation. try a few merchants tho, if the same name crops up you should be ok.

Sponsored Links
F me.... Last bathroom I fitted, I charged £600...! (6 days work)

I need to start working in London...!

No don't need to work in London xr 4x4 just need to value yourself better, £100 a day is shamefully cheap is that with a garentee and insurance? After tax, public liability, diesel and tools works out at about £60 a day. Just my opinion though if your happy with that carry on.

No don't need to work in London xr 4x4 just need to value yourself better, £100 a day is shamefully cheap is that with a garentee and insurance? After tax, public liability, diesel and tools works out at about £60 a day. Just my opinion though if your happy with that carry on.

Not really, but that's all I seem to be able to charge to get jobs.

At the moment it's doable, (for reasons I won't go into) I have bugger all living expenses.

Feel for you then but as I say if you can get by then good on you. Didn't want to seem above myself but I would charge more but depends on lots of aspects I suppose, I work in the Hampshire area and charge good money and have little overheads but then I only get called never chase and have a big following so dose help.

Not really, but that's all I seem to be able to charge to get jobs.

At the moment it's doable, (for reasons I won't go into) I have b*****r all living expenses.

Is that no living expenses or no life??!! Get a grip man, you can't work for 100 sheets a day??!!! Think of your overheads as said.

Why oh why is this forum so full of people that work for nothing??!! Any Plumber or Toy Plumber needs at least £250 a day for Labour only, to cover his/her overheads & to make a living wage. Don't sell yourself short guys, do the maths for Gawd sake!!!

Why oh why is this forum so full of people that work for nothing??!! Any Plumber or Toy Plumber needs at least £250 a day for Labour only, to cover his/her overheads & to make a living wage. Don't sell yourself short guys, do the maths for Gawd sake!!!

I agree with this to a point. Unfortunately, where i live, we have a lot of guys from eastern europe, afghanistan and iraq/kurd areas who will work for ridiculous costs. We are having to compete with these guys (whose standards of work are poor to say the least). BUt some (in fact a lot around here) of people are happy to pay low prices for low quality work.

As i said in a previous post, i quoted a guy £320 to tile about 5square metres, and fit a towal radiator. I thought the quote was relatively cheap, but he turned down the work. He must have got a cheaper quote from some dodghy asylum seekers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back