finish on tapered plaster-boards

S

snadge

hi

I have a question about tapered edge boards - ive been told that you can use these to paint directly on to them but the thing that confuses me is the finish you would get if the boards are paper on top like normal boards - where the joins are will be plaster/filler and the rest of surface will be paper - when you go to paint on them the texture of the finish will be different between the two and stick out like a sore thumb?? - even with a sealer i cant see it making the overal surface as one - how do these work exactly?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Veiw any of the mass built 'poly filler villas' and see what you think, infact I am fairly certain that most properties in us and canada have the same methods. I have done alot of this and it is fine.

British Gypsum recommend their drywall primer to give an even appearance. I've just put up walls with just tape-and-fill, primer and one coat of matt emulsion (both applied with roller) and they are the flattest and most even painted walls in the house.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back