Finishing Parquet Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I'm in the process of sanding my parquet floor. I'm going to be finishing it toward the end of the week, and wondered if I could get some opinions on which product to use. I've searched the site, and noticed it seems to be a straight fight between Bona Spectre and Osmo Hardwax Oil. My floor is either pine or oak (I don't know how to tell the difference :oops: ).

I'd like the product that will give a more dark/golden finish, if that makes any sense. I had originally decided on the Osmo, but read somewhere that it should not be used on floors stuck with a bitumen adhesive, as it interacts and causes the bitumen to seep? Most of the floor is stuck down with the original bitument (1930s build).

Can anyone offer any advice?

Cheers

Dave

Sponsored Links
i'd go for button polish and then many coats of wax. You get the authentic Rich glow of an old piece of furniture but you do need to work for it as it needs mantained and isnt suitable for very high traffic areas in my opinion.

If you love your floor though it is in my opinion the most natural and beautiful way to finish a parquet floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back