Fire alarm pricing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a quote by a company we had used about 5 years ago, to install a wireless fire alarm it comprises of
4x emergency maintained LED lights
6x Cooper opto/heat detectors/ beacon/sounder
Cooper Touch screen panel 16 zone
Fire call point
They are also going to supply the alarm spur and spur and test point for the emergency lighting which I have to get fitted ready for there arrival.
What ball park would I be looking to pay?
There prices have gone up quite a bit in since we last used them!

:(

Sponsored Links
High end wireless panel.

No mention of sounders.

Who is doing the FCU`s exactly?

Maintained or non maintained lighting?

How many men for how many days?

No idea.

FCU = Spur.

Why 2 days?

What was on the other quote?
And was it for wireless?

Sponsored Links
is it really worth putting wireless in for that amount of devices?

FCU = Fused Connection Unit

maintained LED emergency lighting / positions??

is the building a grade 1 or 2 ?
(that would be the only reason i can think of for wireless)

base panel would be about £1500.00 to 2k
devices opto/heat about £340 ish
call points ?
sounders (if not inc with heads) about £290

so it a bit of an expensice set up

wired inc emergency lighting about £1800.00 ish

Oasis

He has replied on the wrong thread and also expects this to be done in half a day.

I was guesstimating at the two days. They could have it done in half a day!
The fire alarm spur and the emergency light and test point spur will be supplied by them, but fitted by me.

Another quote has down the EDA Zerio wireless.

I am more inclined to go with the first guy, as I have used before, just when I used him before he was fitting a different brand of alarm and was a lot cheaper.
Have you a guesstimate of how much you would charge? icon_eek.gif

Also says "They could have done it"

So has it been fitted or not?

It actually says "could have it done in half a day" I don't know I dint fit alarms!
it's not been fitted yet!

The price was £2700.
So it's a good price then.
The one he did for me 5 years ago only cost £1200ish can't remember what make the system was, just thought I'd check as it I thought it's a bit steep.
Maybe I was wrong.....does happen occasionally!
;)

Dunno, I just plucked a figure from the air.

But 4.4k would have been what I would have thought from Oaisis.
So I would question yours :D

Oasis's breakdown is a little overpriced I think.

Sounds pretty close to me on the fire. Decent wireless fire kit like EMS and EDA is not cheap in any sense of the word, so you do get what you pay for (worth considering for a life safety system)

Haven't seen the job, but as above, is there a specific reason that wireless and not wired has been quoted? The cost differences are vast.

The reason for wireless is that it's 3 flats with another separate basement flat. Client doesntbwant trunking or cables showing, doesn't want any making good or decoration. They want it installed by magic fairies who will just magically suspend all devices without drilling any holes or creating any mess! :LOL:

handyman,
the price was given to you `off spec`we didn't send an engineer to view the job.
so it was costed using our standard pricing methods.

you can say what you want in relation to the costs for equipment, but as you are not an approved fire/security company you really cant odds on what we price now can you.

we fire security and fire systems day in and day our for clients who want a decent proper job doing (with all the correct documentation upon completion)
we satisfy all the requirements of BS5839 / EN54 and BS5266 and also PS662 and EN50131,

so if you can get a company to do you install for peanuts, go for it, as long as you are happy with the system and the ceriftication is compliant, so be it.

sorry for the rant, but i get a bit annoyed at people who think that the prices they are getting from one company are lower than another and then go round saying that your prices are to high!!

oasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back