FIREBIRD POPULAR 90 NEEDS TO BE BLEED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a firebird popular 90. serial number 54889. ran out of kerosene and got a new lot delivered. it worked fine for two days. now it begins to burn and then fissels out completely. i have so far pressed the orange reset switch. this makes it fire but it dies again. i removed the front panel and at the left hand side i loosened a silver large nut some oil came out. hit reset switch while it was loosened and died again. tightened the nut and then loosened a small piece with a screwdriver. it was already loose. oil came out slowly and i reset but same result. i broght the piece back to normal position. then i got a small allen key and loosened an allen key nut and tried reset switch. same result. i am presuming it needs to be bleed. any suggestions please.

Sponsored Links
You should really get someone if you need this level of instruction, as you have made adjustments to the pressure setting in your previous attempts. This a basic problem, and turning off the oil, undoing the flexible connection to the oil pump, running oil into a container, reconnecting the flexi, should cure the problem.

right so is what i have been doing not actually in any way going to bleed the system? and the flexible connection as you describe is on absolutely so tight that it is very impossible to even budge. and i would be afraid i would never get it on so tight again and cause leaks. surely there is a way to remove air without having to burst a vain in my neck having to remove the flexible connection. any suggestions as i cannot get anyone in over the xmas holidays. so i am kinda stuck. thanks

Failte Morris, I hope you & your family had a good Christmas?

It looks like you may have adjusted the oil pump pressure on your oil boiler burner, so therefore as advised you're going to need a good Plumber/Heating Engineer in to check it. They'll have all the gauges & equipment to check that & the combustion.

Sorry, but it's not really a DIY job, so I hope you can get someone fairly quickly and you have some other form of heating.

Sponsored Links
GO RAIBH MILE FAILTE.

YA WILL GET A RIP OFF OVER PRICED ASS OF A PLUMBER IN THE LAST PLUMBERS I HAD IN COST ME THOUSANDS. OLD HOUSE AND THAT. RIGHT THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP. I REALISE NOW I JUST MADE IT A WHOLE LOT WORSE.

thanks got sorted got in a guy cost 170 euro. had to replace a pump. the bleeding thing simply involves turning a nut which i had already done ages ago. the removal of the flexible connection will also bleed it but the nut is purposely there for that purpose to make it all more user friendly. so thanks again for all the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back