Fireplace render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've tipped out an old back boiler and now I'm left with a brick fire place which were gonna keep, paint it up and put some stuff in like a feature....
I've had to box in some pipes on one side of the chimney breast which threw the fireplace off center, so I've added one course of bricks to correct this....

Now my question is this, looking at the photo attached, how do I get perfect straight edges on the vertical sides of the fireplace( as is the too edge of the fire place) do I render this to a straight edge before the plasterer comes in or is it a job he will do?

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
I'd leave it all for the plasterer. Many plasterers would not be interested in a job that had been prepped by the customer. If anything went wrong with the job in the future, you would blame the plasterer, and he could blame the prep/you, so leave it all to him. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back