Fireproofing a shingle roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I shall shortly be laying a cedar shingle roof. However, the shingles are coming untreated, and I am looking for a supplier in the UK of a treatment I can use on the shingles. I can find many suppliers in the US and Canada, but have been unable to find any in the UK. There are a few in this country that supplies treatments for interior wood but none so far for exterior wood.

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Normally shingles are bought pretreated with fire retardent I don't know of any treatment that you can put on afterwards.

Were you thinking of applying the treatment to both sides of every shingle before fixing? A very time consuming process. If just the surface was treated after fixing they would not be fireproof.

A major supplier of shingles in the UK is John Brash & Co based in Gainsborough, Lincs, you could contact them for further advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back