First fix for 2 way switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have bought a house that needs gutting and we are working to a very tight budget. It needs a rewire and to keep costs down my sparky is letting me do the prep work and 1st fix.

I have a question about the lighting circuits. We have a hall with two seperate switchs (two locations, front door and back door) and a switch in the landing. My sparky had told me to run a wire (1.5) from the light rose to the landing switch and two runs of the same cable to the hall switch (back door). This is so i can turn the lights off either in the hall or landing. But i forgot to ask him what cables need to go to the hall switch (front door). I have a bit of a problem now as the plasterer is due to do his bit on Friday and my Sparky is in barbados for another week?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
So you have 3 switches, front, back and landing. To a single light or group of lights......

electrics:lighting:chockblockhar2w_i.gif

Note the requirement for 3core and earth from the 1st switch to the 2nd and from the 2nd to the 3rd.

The details are in the on site Wiki under electrics / lights :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back