First floor roof windows in a bungalow conversion.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening Ladies and gents. I have a bungalow. It will be considerably extended using N.C.S, and Permitted Dev. In the new upstairs i will be putting some bedrooms. I don't want to put in any dormers, but will be putting in Velux os similar windows. The view is not great, and i don't want to overlook any of the surrounding properties, nor do i want to have any of them obscure glazed. My intension is to fit them so that the opening part will be 1700mm from the floor level. This way i will get plenty of light, but my view will be sky instead of neighbours properties. These windows will not provide a means of escape as they will be too high from the floor level. The bedroom doors will open onto a landing, onto a stairs, down to the front door.
Am i going to have to fit low down velux windows to act as a means of escape ? Would i be able to get over this by use of fire doors, or installing a sprinkler system, or a ladder !!! to get up to the windows. Any thoughts. Thank you in advance .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back