First House, dodgy garage wiring

Sponsored Links
That's Essex! Sounds mad, but not officially in the "South East".

But Oxford is???

Essex is East England?

Likely there is a shared neutral on the lighting circuits as well - why put them both on the same side otherwise?
Perhaps - but if there is a borrowed neutral then they should have been combined into one circuit instead of the dangerous and prohibited bodge of having two circuits with a borrowed neutral protected by one RCCB.

Sponsored Links
Because they don't do anything and can also lead to confusion. That's what blanks were designed for.
They certainly don't "do anything", but adequate labelling can avoid any risk of confusion - at least for anyone who can read. However, I don't really see any of that as a reason for 'despising' the practice!

Kind Regards, John

They certainly don't "do anything", but adequate labelling can avoid any risk of confusion - at least for anyone who can read. However, I don't really see any of that as a reason for 'despising' the practice!

Kind Regards, John
I consider it very poor practice, unless it is specifically written into the spec that they must be left there.

I consider it very poor practice, unless it is specifically written into the spec that they must be left there.
So if you were starting with a fully populated board but not using all of the ways, you'd deliberately omit some of the breakers, preferring to use less-secure and therefore less safe blanking strips, and to create a storage problem for the customer, and you'd consider that a better and more professional practice?

You have a problem with comprehension. I specifically stated that I expect to see DIN rail-mounted blanks.
I missed that (although to be precise, you didn't specifically state that you expect to see DIN rail-mounted blanks, you said that you hate non-DIN rail-mounted ones, but I take the point that you wouldn't install the clip-in ones).

But that still leaves the customer with a storage problem created by you, and (probably) extra costs created by you. I do struggle to see how that is a better and more professional practice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back