Fish Smell Using Shower Head Only

Im not being funny here but have you tried unscrewing the shower head and making sure there isn't a decomposing fish inside it? My knowledge of student life is not great but I have watched a few american 'frat house' style films in my time and that sounds like a prank someone might play.

Infact I recall in one such film someone put clothes dye inside the showerhead.

Sponsored Links
I once worked in an office where a guy went for lunchtime runs then put his trainers in the desk draw. He took no notice of our complaints so we stapled a kipper to the bottom of the drawer. After a couple of days he threw away his trainers.

We left some prawns in someones desk drawer once - not as a joke, it was an honest mistake. We worked near a place which sold them by the pint/half-pint and one time we got some on the way back from the pub at lunchtime and a guy in the office said "Oh I love those - get some for me next time".

So next time we did - brought them back, wandered over to his section of the office, "Is ####### in?" "No, he's gone out" "OK, when he gets back tell him there's something for him in his top drawer" "OK".

Except he hadn't gone out, he'd sloped off early as it was a Bank Holiday weekend. In summer.

By Tuesday his desk drawer was very fragrant.

Sponsored Links
When I was at school we had those Denham-Bush forced convection heaters with a water heated matrix inside, the top grille was held by two 1/2 turn screws, so one lunchtime we opened them up and put variously crab sticks and kippers on top of the matrix - the smell was awful - as was the caning :LOL:

Another favourite was to tap into the wiring for the clock system, possible from the boys changing rooms and by pass the master clock with a little electronic pulse generator that pulsed every 25 sec rather than 30 - made the day that bit shorter :LOL:

Another favourite was to tap into the wiring for the clock system, possible from the boys changing rooms and by pass the master clock with a little electronic pulse generator that pulsed every 25 sec rather than 30 - made the day that bit shorter :LOL:

I was working on that. I had proved the system by putting one clock forward by 15 minutes using a 4.5 volt battery. But some little erk told the teacher who did it and I got the cane before I could develop the method for all the clocks.

We had a chemistry lab in a temporary building with gas and water mains via flexible rubber pipes. One teacher had a habit of leaning on the front bench with one had on the gas taps and the other on the water tap.

At the rear bench two 67.5 volt batteries were connected to gas and water on the back bench. He didn't keep his hands there for long. ( this was 1959 )

We were blessed, the master clock - a synchronome - was on the wall in the heads secretarys office, with the wiring running through a large adaptable box flush fitted in the changing rooms, we fitted our device in the box and it never got sussed. The caretaker attempted to re set the system but of course it kept loosing, so they replaced all the clock dials with quartz, which was handy as we needed AA batteries for our walkmans :LOL:

As a postscript the school is now a customer of mine and not so long ago I purchased the old master clock from them when they were having a refit, when I took it down there was our PCB still in the box 20 years later.

The master clock is again keeping good time in my hall with a slave in the kitchen and workshop :D

a slave in the kitchen

claire_slave_bowl_kitchen.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back